Code of Ethics
The Wilcox Young Partnership is committed to observing the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behaviour.
We expect our advisers and staff to conduct themselves appropriately, and to observe and abide by the following:-
- To act honestly and fairly at all times when dealing with clients and to act in the best interests of each client and treat them fairly.
- To treat people fairly regardless of age; disability; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity; marriage and civil partnership; race; religion and belief; sex; and sexual orientation.
- To act with integrity in fulfilling the responsibilities of our appointment and seek to avoid any acts, omissions or business practices which damage the reputation of The Wilcox Young Partnership and the financial services industry.
- To observe applicable law, regulations and professional conduct standards when carrying out financial services activities.
- To observe the standards of market integrity, good practice and conduct required or expected of participants in markets when engaging in any form of market dealings.
- To only make recommendations that are suitable, appropriate and that puts the interests of the client first.
- To attain and actively manage a level of professional competence appropriate to our responsibilities and commit to continued learning to ensure the currency of our knowledge, skills and expertise.
- To decline any engagement for which we are not competent unless we have access to such advice and assistance as will enable us to carry out the work competently, and act in the clients best interests.
- To uphold the highest personal and professional standards.
- To act with fairness, integrity and courtesy in all business activities.